Sunday, October 17, 2010

Song Bird - Pomplamoose

It's a great feeling when you discover new melodies that give so much pleasure to your eardrums. I decided it might be nice to periodically write about what I am listening to - an old favorite or a newly discovered musical muse. Either way, hopefully it'll make other ears happy as it does mine :)

These Sunday morning tunes are brought to you by Pomplamoose. They've been a favorite of mine for a little while now and I can't help but find so many occasions when Pomplamoose is just appropriate - during happy times, sad times, relaxed times, coffee times, working or just doodling times.

By definition they're "an American indie music and indie jazz duo consisting of multi-instrumentalists". I might add that YouTube is also a main way they continuously expose their music to new eyes/ears. Their videos are unique in that they show off the quirky process and the spirit of their music. I also can't fail to mention the handful of great covers that they have done - which include songs from "Mr. Sandman" to Lady Gaga's "Telephone".

I'd sum them up by saying they're a rare groovy gem.



To hear a bit of them read on...


1 comment:

  1. They're really cool. I think they also appear in a car commercial. Good band!

    ReplyDelete